EFX Financial Services Inc. was founded in 2006 and processes close to a Billion in transaction volume annually throughout the United States. They have four business units are ATM Processing, ACH Processing Services, Pre-Paid Debit Card Issuing, and Debit POS Processing. From the beginning, bringing the highest level of customer satisfaction has been of the utmost importance. With that in mind, it was deemed necessary to add a 5th element to the original list of business units; Rent payments and processing, thus the creation of RentPaidOnline.
RentPaidOnline a service of EFX Financial Services Inc. brings a whole new approach to the way rent payments are made as well as how those payments are processed. This system allows tenants (residents) to pay their monthly rent online, by logging into the RPO web site, viewing their current amount due, and submitting payment through the website. Optionally, residents are also able to sign-up for auto-pay, which schedules a recurring payment of their rent to their property. The system also keeps tracks of the balances and payments of each of these residents, and provides online reports to enable RPO Customers (Property Owners) to easily view the payment history of their tenants.
- System did not have dynamic rates (convenience fee) according to different date ranges which will be charged to the resident at the time of the resident's payment transaction as well as did not have rates which will be charged to the property at the time of creating invoice report for the property.
- The system also did not have any method for billing property owners (RPO Customers) for their use of the RPO system. EFX were losing over 100 hours of labor each month to manually do RPO billing.
Harrier developed following new features to streamline the billing processes.
- Created new Billing configuration page in existing system where user can configure the rate according to date ranges. There are two distinct types of fees.
- Fees to Property: This will be charged to property during creating property invoice bill for the billing period.
- Fees to Resident: This will be charged to resident during processing individual transactions when processing payments.
- Created Automated Billing Job to create bills for properties and companies. The fees entered on the new Billing page will be used by the Automated Billing Job when creating bill for each property.
- Created new Invoice Manager Page which enables RPO Administrative users to view a list of invoices. Functionality on this page enables RPO Administrative users to mark invoices as paid, or to send reminders, ability to view the paid status for individual property invoices and download the invoices report in pdf format.
- Configure different rates for Property and Resident according to date ranges.
- Scheduled to run the Billing Job at specific time to create property invoice bills automatically which saves 100 hours of labor monthly.
- Ability to send a reminder request for payment to property owner from Invoice Manager Page.
- While working with existing project developed by other company that time major challenge is to understand the existing system flow and architecture and make the new changes without affecting existing functionalities as well as find the impact on existing functionalities.