Stocks Options Strategies
Stocks options strategies app provides you with latest market quotes for options and stocks. You can select option strategies, get their pay-offs and use the customizable charting tools to plot profits/loss on the go without need to log-in.
- Model long and short stock strategy pay-offs.
- Model and plot pay-offs for different option strategies. (long call, short call, bull spreads, straddles and many more)
- Obtain valuation and other metrics for your stocks along with their competitors.
- Keep track of your investments with a simple and easy to use portfolio tool.
- Learn about different strategies through a simple tutorial
California, USA based client
In the Stock trading world, investors use certain Options strategies to get better predictions of the Stock price. The main requirement was to develop an iphone application for quick stocks calculation as per these strategies using the current stock price and represent the data in tabular and graphic format for better analysis. Also, a personal stock portfolio manager needs to be incorporated in the application so that the user can keep track of which stocks have been bought and sold, along with the purchase price, the change with respect to the current price, number of shares and easily display the profit/loss.
- Current Stock status for the selected stock is represented in a tabular format for both Long Call and Short Call.
- Options are available in Straddle View for the selected in a tabular format.
- Twelve different strategies (Buy Call, Sell Call, Buy Put, Sell Put, Buy Call Spread, Bear Put Spread, Long Straddle, Short Straddle, Protective Put, Covered Call Spread and Bear Call Spread) as per stock selection are depicted in tabular format along with their graphs.
- A tutorial is included in the application explaining the different Strategies that are supported by the application.
- A personal stock portfolio manager is incorporated in the application so that the user can keep track of which stocks have been bought and sold, along with the purchase price, the change with respect to the current price, no of shares and easily displays the profit/loss.
- Yahoo Finance was used as the data provider to get information about stock market stats.
- Near Live Data: The current stock values do not have a delay of more than 20 minutes making it possible to work with almost live stock data.
- Graphical Data: The graphical representation of data makes the stock analysis easier.
- Simple UI: The operation of the application is kept simple so that the end users have no issues in navigating through the app and are able to achieve the desired result in a matter of few clicks.
- Customizable Tables: The options strategies table can be readily customized by changing the stock price interval. The interval can vary from $1.00 to the current stock price.
- Personal Portfolio Management: A personal stock portfolio manager in the application helps the user to keep track of which stocks have been bought and sold, along with the purchase price, the change with respect to the current price, number of shares and displays the profit/loss.
- Graphical framework as per our need and that is compatible with current iPhone SDK was not readily available. The Google Chart API was used to get the desired graphs.
- Understanding the various Stocks terms so that all predictions are accurate.
- Adhering to the guidelines set by the Apple App Store.
MAC OS - Leopard 10.5, Xcode SDK Framework 3.2, JSON